8.4.10

thursday





Mamie Gâteaux, redux. Here we have a honey lemonade and a salad with ham, roasted tomatoes, pine nuts, tapenade, and some lettuce thrown in for fun. Of course, lunch is not to be enjoyed without dessert. In this case, I delighted in a raspberry apple crumble. At this rate, my epitaph is going to read, "indulged in all."

On that note, I should get back to cover-letter-writing (sigh) and packing for a brief trip to La Rochelle. I'm looking forward to the harbor of sailboats, a trip to an oyster farm, the aquarium, and last, but certainly not least, one of Europe's oldest lighthouses. I grimace to even mention that it will be my birthday. Apparently, April 10th was a day of many shipwrecks, declarations of revolution, and tropical storms. On a lighter or perhaps more morbid note, I share this day with Max Von Sydow's birth (I was very pleased to discover this a few years ago) and Khalil Gibran's death. Actually quite a few noble champs died on this day. Cheers to those honorable gents and dames!




4 comments:

  1. The first photo could make anyone hungry. The ham looks especially great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just recently found your blog and quite enjoy it. Also, looks like we share a birthday too! Happy day to you this coming Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as always, i revere your photos, and enjoy your snippets on life. the oldest lighthouse in europe? do snap a photo for me will you?!

    ReplyDelete